Friday, March 12, 2010

Get This Party Started

6 weeks out from departure date means we're 1 week out from the wedding.

Which means, of course, that Janine's busy organising the 1001 things on her wedding to-do list while I fluff around on the internet, ignoring the 2 or 3 minor-but-necessary wedding items she's deemed within my limited competence. I call this "setting the standard low, so that later on I can exceed expectations instead of overperforming now only to disappoint in future." Really, I'm doing her a favor.

We've had farewells from our respective workplaces - Indian deliciousness with Janine's people, and beery goodness (twice, so far) with my lot. I'm pretty sure her crew would like her to stick around longer, while mine want me to hurry up and go already. 3 more working days, although the last one is St Patrick's Day, which I'm hoping will mean no shortage of willing participants for one final beery goodbye. Then it's off to Te Aroha, followed by a quick stop at the Mount, cleanup at Karaka Bay, and the relocation of the enormous furry monster back to Waiheke, where we will finally get to do some relaxing. Which means, of course, that I will do some relaxing while Janine blasts her way through as-yet-unspecified projects of great importance prior to Melbourne departure.

Choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment